Iowa Open Enrollment Information
The Iowa open enrollment period for child-only, under 19 individuals will be from July 1 – August 14 annually. For applications received during the open enrollment period, coverage shall be offered on a guaranteed issue basis.
An individual applying for coverage during the open enrollment period or during a qualifying event period shall not be eligible for guaranteed issue coverage if the individual has other coverage or if other coverage is available at the time of the effective date of coverage. Other coverage shall not include coverage through the Iowa Comprehensive Health Association (HIPIOWA) or HIPIOWA-FED.
A qualifying event shall mean one or more of the following:
- Within the past 30 days, the child became a resident of Iowa during a month that was not the child’s birth month;
- Within the past 30 days, an event of marriage, birth, adoption or placement for adoption occurs;
- The child was covered under a mandated continuation of a group health plan or group health insurance coverage plan until the coverage under that plan exhausted;
- Within the past 30 days, a court has ordered that coverage be provided for a spouse or minor or dependent child under a covered parent’s or guardian’s health insurance coverage;
- Within the past 30 days , the child lost creditable coverage as a result of termination of the parents or guardians employment or eligibility, the involuntary termination of the creditable coverage, death of the child’s parent or guardian, or the divorce or legal separation of the child’s parent or guardian;
- Within the past 63 days, the child changes status and the parent or guardian becomes an eligible employee.
Apply For Coverage
If you have an eligible child that meets the criteria above and would like to apply for a child-only plan, please visit www.celtic-net.com and click on the “Get Quote” button from the home page and complete the online application.