OHIO ENROLLMENT OPEN ON JANUARY 1, 2011
As of January 1, 2010 Ohio law requires us to accept a certain number of individuals for open enrollment coverage without
regard to health status. If you qualify as a Federally Eligible Individual (FEI), your coverage will be effective immediately
without any pre-existing condition exclusion period. If you do not qualify as a FEI, you may apply for non-FEI open
You are a Federally Eligible Individual if you meet all of the following conditions:
1. You had health coverage for at least 18 months without a break in coverage greater than 63 days.
2. Your most recent health coverage was under a group health plan, governmental plan or church plan.
3. You are not eligible for coverage under any of the following plans:
a. A group health plan
4. You do not have any other health coverage.
5. Your most recent health coverage was not terminated because of nonpayment of premiums or fraud.
6. If you had been offered the option to continue coverage under COBRA or a state continuation plan, you both elected
and exhausted the continuation coverage.
You are a Non-Federally Eligible Individual if you meet the following conditions:
1. You are not applying for coverage as an employee of an employer, member of an association or member of any
2. You do not have any other health coverage and are not eligible to be covered under any private or public health
benefit plans including the following:
a. Medicare or Medicare supplement policy
c. Any COBRA or state continuation coverage plan
d. Other health benefits arrangement
If we have not yet met our enrollment quota, we will offer you the Ohio health care Basic and Standard
benefit plans for purchase. You may need to submit proof of previous creditable coverage. We are not required
to accept applicants who at the time of enrollment, are confined to a health care facility due to chronic illness or permanent
injury. As a Non-Federally Eligible Individual coverage may be limited for pre-existing conditions for the first 12 months,
however, we will credit time you were covered under a recent previous health plan.
Open enrollment will remain open until the statutory limit has been reached.
Basic and Standard Benefit Plan Differences
Basic and Standard Benefit Plan Summary
Ohio Open Enrollment Application
Ohio Open Enrollment Policy
Ohio Open Enrollment PPO Policy
For more information, please call 1-800-779-7989 Monday-Thursday 8a.m. - 5p.m. Central Standard Time (CST)
or Friday 8a.m - 4:15p.m. (CST). Or, send an e-mail to Info@celtic-net.com.